Work Visa


It is granted at the request and on the responsibility of an employer to a foreigner who is coming to Oman for employment. Unless the foreigner is invited by a government organization a labour permit from the Ministry of Manpower is needed.



Application on the electronic form available on the Royal Oman Police website, and signed by the employer or an authorized signatory. The application shall be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals, and in English for non-Arabs, and shall enclose the following documents:

Exceptional Documents

  • Where the application is for the transfer of sponsorship, a release letter from the previous sponsor and approved by the Ministry of Manpower is required. Offenses including delay fines must be settled.
  • For some nationalities or some categories special permits are needed, eg for Philippine housemaids a permit is needed from the Embassy of Philippine and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.