Application on the electronic form available on the Royal Oman Police website, and signed by the employer or an authorized signatory. The application shall be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals, and in English for non-Arabs, and shall enclose the following documents:
- Two photographs ( 6X4 ) cm.
- Copy of the foreigner's passport, valid for not less than 6 months.
- The Ministry of Manpower's labour permit and copy thereof for every individual application.
- The original and copy of the medical certificate for nationals of certain countries: India, Pakistan, Philippine, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Syria and Nepal. The certificate is to be attested by the Ministry of Health.
- Copy of approval of the relevant organization for certain occupations: teaching, religious, media, and medical occupations etc.
- Letter from the Ministry of Manpower for certain occupations, like engineers.
- Where the foreigner worked in Oman and has not yet completed two years of their last departure, a release letter from the previous employer and approved by the Directorate General of Passports and Residence is required.